Notices
YD-Aerovate Support Forum Discuss with Henry and the guys at RC Aero Products about the YD-Aerovate engines right here!

aerovate 26 problem

Old 04-19-2010, 03:29 PM
Andrew_S
My Feedback: (12)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default aerovate 26 problem

I bought a new aerovate 26cc bout 2 months ago...After installation on the plane, it would not draw fuel..I took the carb apart but couldnt find anything obvious. Blew it out with aerosol carb cleaner and air. while I had it off I took the reed block off and the reeds were misaligned. Put it all back together and it ran ...Now it is wanting to shut off at idle..It acts like a lean condition..Tried backing the low needle out and it's around 21/2 turns out and still not better. It will run all day wide open. I can adjust the high needle to rich and the engine wil gurgle like it is supposed to.. I'm not a newbie to gas engines, maybe I'm overlooking something..The only thing I can think of other than a bad carb, I have a fuel dot and it's mounted on the bottom of the plane. Maybe that is the problem? Dont see how but I'm just grasping at straws now..