Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

DZ170 Throttle Linkage

Hi all,

i have been out of the game for some time now and would appreciate some advice. I have search the forum/s on throttle linkage for the DZ170, however come up with nil. My question is what is the best linkage setup. When i installed everything, i was advised to run a silicone tube "connector" between the linkage to allow for the vibration, but this is more likely to save the servo? i am running a mini servo. any suggestions or advice is appreciated.

thanks
    roly

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: DZ170 Throttle Linkage

I have used flexable cable with ball and socket at the throllte arm. Ive been using this for more than 15 years with no servo problems on mini servos.
    I safty wire the ball and socket just for extra reliabliy.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

That would depend on the mount and how much the engine moves. I run a mini servo with a piece of 2-56 push rod with a Hyde mount and a nose ring. The engine doesnt move enough to make a difference.

I had another soft mount type in an ARF that would eat servo gears because there was no nose ring and the engine moved around. If it kicked back hard the servo gear was toast so in that case the piece of silicone would have been helpful.
    Team YS, Team Airtronics
    Pattern Junkie, Revver Brother #82, Gear Head

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi, thanks for the responses. i am also running a hyde mount and nose ring so in theory i should be ok if it works for you. i will try my tubing setup first, if i still battle with the engine cut out, then i will move to a rigid setup. all the best, roly.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I also use the flex cable from sullivan and a micro servo, the cable or a nyrod is good enogh for any soft mount, that is if you are mounting the servo far from the engine, if you are installing the servo close to the engine and does not have to go thru any bulkheads then you can use a push rod, but use ball links on that setup, on my cables I always use gold'n rods kwik links.

Regards

Alejandro P.