YS Engines Support Direct support from YS Performance Engines by Dave Shadel

Brand New Ys 63

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2003, 01:09 PM
2fast4u
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brand New Ys 63

Power Master YS 20/20 fuel, OS F plug, 13x6 APC prop. Trying to break in the engine. After fighting it for 45 minutes I removed the cowl to figure it out. All new tank, fuel lines, etc.....

Zero bubbles from tank to pump, LOTS of bubbles from pump to carb. Can't understand why this is happening. Is there something I can do to fix this without waiting over a month? I really want to test fly my new plane. Any help would be great.

Thanks, 2fast4u, Chuck Stobaugh
Old 08-19-2003, 11:31 AM
jamesjoneill

Default Brand New Ys 63

Bubbles in the line from the regulator to the carb is not neccessarily unusual - why do you think they put a blue line there?

Strange as it may seem, all of my YS engines do this and so do all of my friends', so if the bolts seem tight, the diaphragm isn't broken or sticking and there's no holes in the lines then try running it. Chances are it will be fine.

Don't expect full performance straight away, it will take the best part of a gallon before it starts really coming strong but it is well worth the wait.

I would probably try something a bit lighter than a 13x6 for the first few tankfulls, something like a 12x6 or even less. Make sure it doesn't over-rev, run it rich and at part throttle. Your problems could be that it is over-loaded for running in purposes.
Old 08-20-2003, 03:58 PM
2fast4u

Default Brand New Ys 63

I will be mounting it to the test stand this weekend. I will try your advise along with some others that have made some sence. Thanks for posting.
Old 08-28-2003, 11:34 AM
2fast4u

Default Brand New Ys 63

UPDATE....

A BIG THANK YOU to jamesjoneill!!!!! His help along with others helped me to get this engine running GREAT!! CHUCKAUGER also offered lots of help via PM.

The fix was that I ended up having to OPEN or UNSCREW or turn COUNTER CLOCKWISE the pump regulating screw on the bottom of the engine. I opened it 1/2 turn and BOOM!!! I had a monster of an engine. It is swinging an APC 13 x 8 like it's not there. I hope to get to fly it this weekend. It's going on a 4.5lbs Seduction Freestyle Ono Special, so it should pull it without trouble.

Thanks again for the help guys. It's too bad that the YS guys never replyed. Oh well...............(this was long before they went over seas).