Notices
YS Engines Support Direct support from YS Performance Engines by Dave Shadel

ys fz110 (not the s version)

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2012, 07:44 AM
Neil Leonard

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ys fz110 (not the s version)

if any one can help here is my problem.i have an fz110(remember them).i got it second hand and when i ran it in the stand the rear bearing gave way.so i rebuilt it with new bearings,o rings,gaskets,front oil seal,piston ring,diaphram the lot.i have run about 3 tanks through it.i have since run it on yamada mix and bekra 30.it idles sweet on either mix.transition seems to be ok.though there is a little bit of spitting from the carb.holds steady 4000rpm.but top end i cant seem to get any more than about 7500 rpm.have ran it wot and try to lean it but it gets to about 7400 and the starts to die likes its to lean.started with the high end about 1 3/4 out.this is with a master airscrew k series 15x8 prop.when i look at others on the forum they are getting into th 9000.have looked at the valve clearence and its good so i dont think its that.if the reg is a little rich would this affect top end?
Old 05-21-2012, 08:34 AM
ThumbSkull
My Feedback: (57)

Default RE: ys fz110 (not the s version)

I get 8500 on a 16x6 Xoar (about the same load as 15x8) with 30% on a just broken new one. Are you sure you got the cam on the right tooth?
Carb spitting a little fuel is normal. Needs broke in yet to get max power. If the top end RPM falls off then it's too lean.
Old 05-21-2012, 10:15 AM
Neil Leonard

hi with the crankshaft dot at the bottom of the casing(lining up with the seam) i had the cam dot at 12 oclock.do you think i should go back a tooth to 11.55?i no some can exaggerate the rpm but 7400!!!!even my magnum xl120 would spin faster.and it was a dog.its a fresh gallon of 30%.i will tap the cam shaft out and re-set it see what happens.
cheers
Old 05-22-2012, 09:00 AM
Neil Leonard

moved the cam gear to 11.55 with the crank at tdc.still no inprovement.rpm will still drop off at 7400 when i lean it out.i will try a bit more running in and maybe a different prop.thought it would spin the 15x8 with ease on 30%.i want to love this engine but its giving me none back!!!
Old 05-22-2012, 03:35 PM
Jimmy Skids
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Your set up was correct the first time. dot on crank at 6 o'clock, dot on cam gear at 12 o'clock...... or pistion at TDC and the cam dot at roughly 12:05.

Skids
Old 05-24-2012, 06:01 AM
petec
My Feedback: (58)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The regulator controls overall fuel volume to the engine, try richening the regulator a bit to see if that helps. Remember to make regulator changes in 1/8th turn steps at most. You might also pul the HS needle out and flush it out in the event there is something blocking it. Just pull the needle valve out and pull the prop through to let the regulator push fuel through it.
Old 05-25-2012, 07:36 AM
Neil Leonard

i can get about 8500 with an apc 15x6 prop.though this also seems under powered.i dont think the reg is to lean as the carb fills up with fuel if left for a while.i think i may fly with this see if it breaks in more in the air.
Old 05-25-2012, 08:51 AM
ThumbSkull
My Feedback: (57)

ORIGINAL: Neil Leonard

the carb fills up with fuel if left for a while.
That's a good sign the regulator plunger is not seating properly. May still have crap in it or need an new plunger.
Old 05-25-2012, 06:22 PM
petec
My Feedback: (58)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The regulator is not closing if the carb is filling with fuel. The early 1.10 had a different plunger that would stick from time to time in some engines (not all engines which made it a devil to diagnose) so a new plunger might not be a bad idea.