YS Engines Support Direct support from YS Performance Engines by Dave Shadel

F120

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2012, 12:14 PM
Captain Terrific
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default F120

I recently purchased a plane with a YS F-120. The engine has recently been serviced and was not run since it was serviced. This engine does not have a low end needle adjustment on the carb barrel. From what I've read the low end is adjusted with the regulator. What is the factory or starting point for the regulator? I've got it all screwed up at this point. The engine seems to richen up quite a bit when I advance the throttle. So Iplayed with the regulator but I think I have it all out of whack now. That is why I'm looking for the starting point. Thanks,

Dave
Old 10-22-2012, 05:01 AM
petec
My Feedback: (58)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: F120

I received your PM and will respond shortly, but in the meantime the starting point for the regulator is with the screw flush with the regulator housing.

Here is a link that I like pointing people to as it has all the steps necessary.:
http://www.julton.net/Fact%20Sheet%20YS%20Engines.html

If you are richening in the midrange then you'll need to lean the regulator, screw in, in 1/8th turn increments....but read the above link first.
Old 10-27-2012, 05:56 PM
rtf60
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: F120

I am considering buying a YS f 120. I am going to bench test it, but do not have a manual. I did download the Running and Maintaining a YS 4 stroke. I was also wondering what year these engines were made and if they are as strong as today's 120 size engines? I would like to put this engine in a Greatplanes Super Sterman120.