Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

YS 91 AC or new YS 80fz for Warbird Racing

Looking for a recommendation as to which engine would be best for me to use for a Silver class warbird racer. Which engine would give me the best torque the YS 91AC or the new YS 80fz.

Thanks

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Both motors would do great if racing in Sacramento. I personally would match the plane to the engine and use the motor that works best with the airframe. With that said the 80 would be new and come with warranty and support from YS parts and service whereas the 91s are getting harder to find. If you were using a world models P 51 either motor would work by placing the gear to off set whichever motor is used. We have raced the 70 in silver with great results on multiple airframes. The 80 would use a little less nitro and be a great fit.
    TEAM JR
    Spitfire Brotherhood #99
    Outlaw Racing CD 2001 to present

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Thanks Jimmy I ordered the world models spitfire and will probably purchase a new YS 80 then adjust Nitro to hopefully get me around that 2 minute break out speed.

Thanks again Bob

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    keep us posted on how it goes. I think you will be very happy with that combination.
    TEAM JR
    Spitfire Brotherhood #99
    Outlaw Racing CD 2001 to present

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    The FZ80 S is the best engine that Yamada San has ever made in this case - 53/63/70/80. There are a number of improvements: 1) spiral oil groove on valve lifters, 2) much better carburetor, and all of the 70 improvements.

The different carburetor means the the main needle runs at about 1 turn open. On your first tank don't get discouraged, keep turning it in. Later engines may not run here !

I want another one but they are out of stock at central hobbies.