Notices
YS Engines Support Direct support from YS Performance Engines by Dave Shadel

YS 1.40 FZ sport engine problem

Old 08-08-2004, 07:50 AM
tuavp

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default YS 1.40 FZ sport engine problem

I have YS 1.40 FZ engine. Last week it was working great but this weekend(Today) the engine made me angry. The problem was;
Ä°t was working very difficult then after working when I hit the throttle the engine detonates and kick backs then stops, I could not succeeded to reach up high speed. Each time I hit the throttle it detonates kick backs then stops. Dosens of time i tried. I tried to arrenge via low speed needle valve and also pump screw. All these are now not in a good position to work the engine.
My engine stays inverted position.When the engine stops I found that fuel drops a lot from the carbutareur area.

First please tell me where to check then also tell me how to set the pump screw and low speed needle valve screw from fully closed postion???
I have other 3 ea YS engines, my 91FZ makes the same , I do not know My DZ Dingo engines behaivour yet. I am fed up to deal with YS engines problems.
Urgent reccommendation is highly requested
Thaks & Regards
Ahmet KARAHAN/TURKEY
Old 08-08-2004, 08:28 AM
GuyIncognito

Default RE: YS 1.40 FZ sport engine problem

Contact Central Hobbies or wait on this thread someone will have had this problem.
Old 08-08-2004, 08:50 AM
Dave Shadel

Go to the setup instructions at www.ysperformance.com
Old 08-08-2004, 09:16 AM
tuavp

OK I have already check this page but there is nothing mentioned about if the engine starts then you hit the throttle then the engine detonates, kick backs and stops. What does it mean where should I adjust? I mean low speed needle screw and pump screw is not in a place of factory set now. This means first of all I need to adjust this 2 part/Screws) in a factory set then afterwards I should start setting up as written.Please reccommend how to set up this 2 screw as same as factory set from the fully closed position
Thks
Ahmet
Old 08-08-2004, 05:48 PM
Dave Shadel

There is absolutely NO REASON for your engine to change from one week to the next UNLESS you have bad fuel, dirt in the regulator, bad fuel tank or some other outside problem.

If all your YS engines exhibit the same kind of problems, I would look to yourself and not blame the engines. The 140DZ that you sent us for repair some time back was BURNED UP. Maybe that is the problem with this one too?
Old 08-08-2004, 07:16 PM
powerlines

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Now it works fine and the GREAT running engine on the Super went to my Edge 540 and guess what... Now that Irvine .46 will not run.. All along it was tank problems (fuel not engine) and I just knew it was the YS.. The YS flew today for the first time since back from the factory... MAN that thing is strong... I would look to your fuel delivery.. That almost made me a YS traitor... LOL.. Sorry Dave.. Ya'll did a great job with the repair.. I only have one ?? I was told when I purchased the engine it was a .63 on the repair invoice it says .53... Did I get ripped off.??

Thanks
Old 08-08-2004, 08:31 PM
Dave Shadel

Nah, probably just a typo. Is it stamped 63? If so, no problem. Ahmet has nothing but trouble, caused by fuel mostly I think.
Old 08-09-2004, 01:43 AM
tuavp

I opened my engine and checked every gasket etc. I found that the valve cover gasket was damaged. Does it makes this problem??

I also checked my fuel tank, check valve, fuel lines and all connections. Nothing wrong. I use powermaster fuels %20X20 special fuel for YS engines. I do not think the problem comes from fuel anf fuel system.

I have been using YS engines for 4 years but time to time I have such problems. Once I sent one of my engine to PROBUILT Co; Englang just for low speed needle valve+pump screw set ups. So know I am realy ready to solve the problem if it is coming from valve cover gasket. I still need the recommendation for the factory set up for this 2 part. I mean how many turn should I start for???

Thanks for all of your recommendations.
Ahmet
Old 08-09-2004, 07:07 PM
Dave Shadel

The valve cover gasket must seal for the engine to run correctly.

Go to the instructions at www.ysperformance.com and follow them.

Let me know.