YS Engines Support Direct support from YS Performance Engines by Dave Shadel

ys 110 fuel line

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2004, 06:35 PM
lcacing
My Feedback: (21)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ys 110 fuel line

what size of fuel line do i use? the tank is going to be about 20" away, also im thinking on making my own
smoke system and "t" off the pressure line and adding another check valve, would this affect the
fuel pressure?
Old 10-18-2004, 08:05 PM
bubbagates
My Feedback: (32)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: ys 110 fuel line

I once saw a diagram of doing exactly this but for the life of me I cannot find the bookmark. Once I find it I'll post it
Old 10-18-2004, 08:57 PM
bubbagates
My Feedback: (32)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I actually found a diagram for the version that uses a hopper tank to keep pressure available to both systems. If you can blow it up then you can really see the layout
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Xv64712.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	46.9 KB
ID:	184071  
Old 10-18-2004, 11:38 PM
MustangAce
My Feedback: (3)

While we're at it........can I just run a 3rd "filler" tube from the tank to a dot. How do I fill and depressurize?
Old 09-22-2009, 12:29 AM
Hardy

Set up the fuel lines as per the diagram in the FZ110 operator's manual. To run smoke use a smoke oil pump. To fill and depressure the ys system, put a tie and dot in the pressure line between the check valve and the fuel tank to depressure the system. Put a tie and dot between the engine fuel filter and the tank use this dot to fill the tank. When I finish flying for the day, I remove the the depressure vent dot and replace it with a fuel filter. This vents the fuel tank pressure and allows the tank to equalize keeping stress off of the fuel regulator system. Been doing this for several years on two different ys engines, it makes them easier to start the next time you go to the field.