Notices
YS Engines Support Direct support from YS Performance Engines by Dave Shadel

a few questions on the ys .61 long stroke

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2005, 05:09 PM
Hotrodkid

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default a few questions on the ys .61 long stroke

i have a ys .61 thatr will soon be going into its plane that im bench running to get a basic setup on

i have the fuel filter and check valves for it, the engine came w/ them still in place .... but the tank popped out of its zip ties on the test stand and yanked the hoses off the engine, and now i cant remember which went where. which port is tank pressure feed and which is fuel supply?

also, whats a good starting point for the needle ? i just kinda guessed and i didnt get to run the engine long enough to play w/ the needle

the tach my buddy was working showed 9500 rpm on a 11x12 APC prop, just before the tank dropped off at 3/4 throttle or so, and that was with just the 5" header and no tuned pipe on it.... what rpm should i expect this engine to unload to on a lightweight low drag plane ?

Thanks in advance !
Nick
Old 06-05-2005, 09:52 PM
Dave Shadel

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: a few questions on the ys .61 long stroke

Always remember "front is fuel", on the fittings and you can't go wrong.

The engine will be happiest between 11500 and 12500 peak ground rpm.. Higher rpm can result in high vibration due to the long stroke design.