Notices
YS Engines Support Direct support from YS Performance Engines by Dave Shadel

160DZ Problem

Old 07-11-2005, 12:41 PM
Russmall

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 160DZ Problem

Dave, I have a 160DZ with about 3 gallons of Powermaster 30% Heli fuel through it. This engine has ran perfectly since the first start-up and the power is unbelievable. The problem started this past Friday. I fueled up and started it as usual, taxied out to the runway and briefly ran it up to full throttle before taking off. When I brought it back to idle, it quit running and I have been unable to get it to run correctly since. I checked all the fuel lines, changed glow plugs (OS F) and nothing changed. I also removed the engine from the plane and mounted it on a test stand to eliminate the possibility of a fuel tank problem. It will start at idle but surges, speeds up and slows down and finally dies. It will not take throttle past about 1/4 without quitting. I've also tried leaning and richening both low end and high end to no avail..........Thank you for any suggestions you may have.........RS
Old 07-12-2005, 08:56 AM
Dave Shadel

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: 160DZ Problem

My guess is that the regulator went south. Give Richard a call at service and see what he thinks.

775-782-4562