YS Engines Support Direct support from YS Performance Engines by Dave Shadel

Starting the 160DZ

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2007, 08:54 PM
apereira

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Starting the 160DZ

Hello all,

I thougt about sharing my way to start the 160 after having the same problems as many other people, thanks to Troy who gave all the advices I came up with this,

I connect everything as per the manual, add a check valve on the vent line to avoid spilling and use fuel dots for fueling and vent, a hemostat can be used or a shutt off valve, I use the shutt off valve, so the procedure is simple, with the shutoff valve closed or a hemostat(installed between the tank and the pump)I fill the tank and when it is about to be full (1.5" air bubble on the tank), I stop fueling, close the air line and continue to fill the tank, when it is full ( it takes about 4 sec with an electric pump), then disconect everything while the tank is under pressure.

Following, I disconect the fuel injector line and open the shuttoff valve, just that while the fuel slowly moves I install the canopy and finish up the assembly details, about two or threee drops of fuel will emerge from the injector line, simply reconect the line and start the engine.

Never had any problems with this method, never flooded the engine, and it does start inmediatly, anyway it has to be done on the first start of the day, the most important part is that is straight forward and nothing else is needed to be done.

I hope this idea helps someone.