YS Engines Support Direct support from YS Performance Engines by Dave Shadel

ys .63 DAVE?

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2006, 06:21 AM
Yogi-Bear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ys .63 DAVE?

Hey Dave,
After running my .63 in nice and rich it has come time to adjust the valve clearance, I just opened the valve tappet cover, and there is no clearance between the valves and the tappets. I looked into the exhaust port for signs of a burnt valve and it looks ok with a bright light compression is still good and as a said i ran it nice and rich. It was running perfectly before removing the cover.
So I'll reset the valve clearance and fire her back up, unless there is anything you would adivse apart from sending it in I'm in Aus.
0.1mm is the clearance to be set, should it be hard to get the feeler in? and if i dont have a feeler is there something i can use other than a feeler of 0.1mm? and the gasket isnt damaged will it be ok to reuse?
Cheers,
Loving the engine
Will

Its been run in on 20/20 coolpower oil and nitro (home mixed)
os f plug
and a ram 12X6 prop
Old 06-21-2006, 06:53 AM
rlipsett

Default RE: ys .63

don't reset the clearance is .1or less as long as the valves are not be activated at the greatest spacing.
Old 06-21-2006, 08:25 AM
rlipsett

Default RE: ys .63

according to dave whic I have copied from his earlier post "01mm would be extremely tight. The spec says .04 to .1mm. We use .003" that's INCHES, not MM." I reuse the gasket with no problem
Old 06-26-2006, 07:35 PM
Dave Shadel

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: ys .63 DAVE?

You should set the valves at .003". A crisp new dollar bill would work, but I don't know how thick your money is down under

No reason to send it anywhere, just reset the valves and go!

Good Flying!