YS Engines Support Direct support from YS Performance Engines by Dave Shadel

Run out of adjustment on 63 FZ-S

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2006, 01:23 PM
Rumple

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Run out of adjustment on 63 FZ-S

Hi Dave,

I have a new 63 FZ-S I bought from Central. I broke it in on a stand with an APC 12x6, then switched to 13x4W for a few tanks. Mounted it on a profile plane, and now it has about 2 gallons through it. It wants to load up at idle, with the low end needle so far out its nearly falling out. The reg is screwed pretty far in, less than one turn out from all the way in. This gives transition from mid to high ok or sometimes slightly lean. If I richen the reg any more, it will load up so bad at low throttle that she'll quit or take too long to wind up when advancing the throttle. The high speed needle is right where it should be, between 1 1/4 and 1 1/2 turns out. I am running:

APC 13x4W
OS #F or YS plug
Coopers Plus 30% nitro fuel (http://www.cooperfuels.com/airfuel_2.htm) with 3 vol.% Sig AA castor added by me
Dubro 8 oz tank
elevation slightly less that 400 ft ASL here in Longview, TX

I recently took the carb apart and cleaned it, no obvious finds. I had the reg apart a few weeks ago too, not much there either. Where would you suggest I go from here?

Thanks,
Kurt
Old 10-14-2006, 09:56 PM
Dave Shadel

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Run out of adjustment on 63 FZ-S

Try some Cool Power 30% heli fuel and don't add anything to it.

Let me know what happens.