Notices
YS Engines Support Direct support from YS Performance Engines by Dave Shadel

Good end of day routine?

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2007, 09:21 PM
show871

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Good end of day routine?

Hey, just wondering what a good end of day routine is for my YS 110. I am using coolpower.....so I realize no after run.

Basically, I am just draining the tank of gas and pressure right now. but there are traces of gas here and there in the lines, etc.

Thanks

Old 11-21-2007, 08:58 PM
Troy Newman

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Good end of day routine?

In the dry environment of Colorado you can run the engine dry. Just remove the fuel from the tank. Start the engine at idle only. Run the engine until its quits then try re-starting until it will not run anymore. It usually take 3-5 re-starts. This will burn everything out of the engine....Some oil will be in there...

This works well in a dry environment. In higher humidity try some of the Cool Power oil (they sell it) or use the Performance Specialties Oil from Dave Shadel.

In a pinch the Mobil 1 synthetic 0W-20 oil will work but use it sparingly. Too much oil will make it very hard to start the next time out.

Troy Newman
Team YS