YS Engines Support Direct support from YS Performance Engines by Dave Shadel

160 DZ Fuel line pressure too high

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2007, 06:17 PM
elan120
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 160 DZ Fuel line pressure too high

I am having some serious issue with my new 160 DZ that the fuel line pressure being too high from regulator to carburetor, which causes the fuel line to pop off. If I tight it down too tight, then the fuel line will split open due to the pressure. Any idea on what to do?

The engine was running fine the day before, and the next day this problem happens, and I am really not sure if there is anything I did to cause it to be this way.

Thank you,
Kevin

Old 12-02-2007, 06:59 PM
Troy Newman

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: 160 DZ Fuel line pressure too high

Replace the fuel line....is the first step. If the line gets old and hard it will pop off easily.

Next step is to remove your high speed needle and pump some fuel through it. You likely have some dirt or debris in the needle valve housing. This is causing extra restriction and higher pressure than normal on the fuel tubing.

Next possibility is unlikely since it was running fine...The pump is set too rich and is allowing too much pressure in this fuel tube.

I would look in this order for the fixes. The fuel line that comes on the engine is the Harder dark blue tubing and I have found that over time it tends to get brittle. A good fuel line like Aerotrend or Prather is preferred and then make a clean, square cut with a razor blade.

If the new line pops off then its dirt and debris. Remove the HS needle and then put an electric starter to it....this will pump raw fuel out the needle seat and clear 99% of any clogged you may have.

Troy Newman
Team YS
Old 12-02-2007, 07:27 PM
elan120
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Troy,

Thank you for the speedy reply. There must be some dirt or debris got in to the high speed needle valve somehow, after I flush the needle valve with raw fuel as you have suggested, the engine came alive again.

Appreciate your help and suggestion.

Regards,
Kevin
Old 12-02-2007, 10:14 PM
Troy Newman

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

work on better filter procedures on your fuel.

Troy