Notices
YS Engines Support Direct support from YS Performance Engines by Dave Shadel

ys 170 DZ Glow Drivers

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2008, 09:31 AM
jkruger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ys 170 DZ Glow Drivers

I have seen some posts regarding the use of glow drivers for the YS 170 DZ. Since I am considering purchasing one of these engines I'm interested in the reasons for using a delay glow driver for this engine. Any thoughts on this?
Old 09-03-2008, 03:54 PM
petec
My Feedback: (58)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: ys 170 DZ Glow Drivers

The thinking behind the delay driver is that you will have the engine turning with an electric starter when the power is applied to the glow plug so you will not get a kick back on start up that some people experience.

I have not owned a DZ since my 1.40DZ and didn't keep it since I prefer the pressurized fuel system, but there are quite a few guys I know who use regular glow drivers and delay type. Those who have used both prefer the ease of the delay type.
Old 09-09-2008, 02:09 PM
Eulboyington

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: ys 170 DZ Glow Drivers

Hi all,

A better way is to convert YS 140 / 160 / 170 DZ to spark ignition.

Few F3A french Pilots are experimenting BECKER spark ignition wit those engines wit 100 % satistaction, I don't speak about th YS 170 CDi, but normal engines with spark conversion.
More information on www.f3a.fr and videos avaiable on YouTube

Oliver