Notices
YS Engines Support Direct support from YS Performance Engines by Dave Shadel

YS45 Service Call

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2003, 09:31 PM
bsumpter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default YS45 Service Call

I have a YS45 side exhaust that I'm currently flying on an UltraStick 40. This engine has given me over 10 years of wonderful service, and I've never had a single problem with it.

The 4-stroke bug has bitten me recently, however and I just ordered a YS 63 to replace the 45 on the Stick. I'd like to send my YS45 in for a check out by your techs, and wondered what I needed to do on my end to get everything to you properly. I'd also be interested in what charges will apply to this service.

As I mentioned, the engine has given me over 10 years of trouble-free running, and it is actually running quite well now. But lately I've noticed some black oil spitting from the carb and after running it all these years I'm sure it's due for a diaphram change and some other normal maintenance / tuning. I'd also be interested to know if the cylinder/piston is worn enough to be replaced.

Any help would be appreciated.

PS - Thanks for the great engines, YS -- and keep producing them!!! I know I won't buy anything but a YS as long as I'm in this hobby.
Old 07-18-2003, 09:51 PM
Dave Shadel

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default YS45 Service Call

Please return it to service and request an estimate. Be sure to include your daytime phone number.
It is impossible to estimate without first seeing the engine. Service charges $30 per hour plus parts and return shipping.

YS Service
1295 Industrial Court
Gardnerville,NV 89410

775-782-4562

Thank you for your support of YS engines!