Community
Search
Notices
ZDZ & RCS Support Direct support from Mike Dooley of RC Showcase for all your ZDZ and RCS Engine questions.

glitches from RCS 140

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2003, 12:39 AM
supertiger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default glitches from RCS 140

first of all the RCS 1.40 runs great it has perfect performance for my plane. But ive encountered a glitch at around idle speed to just above idle and it has almost crashed my plane 3 times but it was landed safly by killing the engine and dead stick landing it . I have completly removed all the radio gear and moved the receiver and its batteries to the far end of the tail of the plane, and ive changed to anouther receiver to be shure its not the problem and ive removed all metal parts on this plane to be on the safe side but the plane still glitches the exact same way. and now im wondering if the ignition modual or any other internal engine part of the eingine like the rotery valve or perhaps the choke or throatle valve can be vibrating to cause this glitch, im also useing a nirod for a throatle cable and the ignition battery is located in the front of the plane and the nearest servo to the ignition battery is 7 inches everything else is lacated in the tale of the plane. [img][/img] just for prospective the receiver and batteries are located where my feet are at in the photo and the ignition and ignition battery is locatied under the canopy this i thought was good distance between the two batteries yet im still glitching badly at idle.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ki19599.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	89.0 KB
ID:	61012  
Old 09-13-2007, 12:52 PM
robteecoker

Default RE: glitches from RCS 140

I am having the same problem, did you ever solve this problem and if so HOW! Thanks Robert
Old 10-07-2007, 01:16 AM
georgee

Default RE: glitches from RCS 140

Hi,

I"ve had the same problem.As it turned out, the sparkplug cap was the culprit.After changrd it to a new,the problem was solved.