Community
Search
Notices
ZDZ & RCS Support Direct support from Mike Dooley of RC Showcase for all your ZDZ and RCS Engine questions.

ZDZ 80

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2005, 06:09 PM
BigBirdFlyer
My Feedback: (13)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ZDZ 80

[sm=confused.gif] I have a ZDZ 80 in my 31% Edge. I bought it from a friend that had it in his Sukoi. It ran great for him easy starts and great performance. I have not touched the settings and yet it won't run. When I try to start it I have to give it about 3/8 throttle. It is hard to start and will not idle. Anything below 1/4 throttle and it dies. What am I missing ? This is my second ZDZ and I am stumped.
Old 02-25-2005, 11:23 AM
Mike Dooley/RCS

Default RE: ZDZ 80

Ron, It ran great in the Sukhoi now it does not?
Double check that the throttle butterfly is opening in the correct direction. The throttle plate screw head should be facing IN towards engine at closed or idle setting. Be sure your tank is vented properly and you are using a good strong battery of at least 1200ma.
Best to pull carb and thouroghly clean it. Be sure the metering fork is engaged(on Walbro only) and that the red phenolic gasket is properly aligned.
Keep me posted.
Old 02-25-2005, 10:52 PM
BigBirdFlyer
My Feedback: (13)

Default RE: ZDZ 80

Thanks Mike . It was my throttle plate. I turned it around and the engine started with minimal effort.

Thanks again,