Notices
ZDZ & RCS Support Direct support from Mike Dooley of RC Showcase for all your ZDZ and RCS Engine questions.

Can't get a new ZDZ 50 NG started....

Old 03-25-2005, 05:45 PM
Justin01

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can't get a new ZDZ 50 NG started....

Hi there,

I'm helping a friend of mine with his plane but have a problem with the engine:

The new ZDZ 50 NG would not start. We have tried everything....

Sparkplug works, fuelsystem works, low and high needle turned about 1.5 open...

Could anybody help me....??

Old 03-25-2005, 08:23 PM
Phantom Phixer
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: Can't get a new ZDZ 50 NG started....

well for what its worth, I had a problem with a zdz 80 boxer, a friend was helping me and he turned the carb around so we could get at the screws and attach a throtle easier.........

you can't turn the carb........plain and simple
Old 03-26-2005, 06:12 PM
BigBirdFlyer
My Feedback: (13)

I'm not RCS support but I had the same problem on my ZDZ 50. Not NG. I went to an 1800mah battery and had to move the timing sensor all the way to the end of the available adjustment. It worked great after that and is still running after 3yr. I have heard of a couple of people getting a bad ignition that doesn't put out enough voltage. If that's the case RCS will take care of you.
I hope I have helped. If for some reason RCS doesn't answer this post , call them. They will help you.
Old 04-01-2005, 11:07 PM
SAL98
My Feedback: (6)

First thing you have to do is to make sure that the timing is set correctly. If its off buy a few millimeters you will pull your hair out of your head trying to figure out what's wrong.
I set mine to 6 or 7 mm. If you do not know how to set the timing, Just go to the RC Showcase website and check in the faqs. Also its important to make sure the engine is getting fuel when you prime it. the choke butterfly must be completely closed in order to create the proper suction.
When all this is done. Choke engine at full throttle with the Ign on until she pops. Then turn off the choke and set the throttle to roughly 3 clicks open.
Flip until she runs.
Let us know how it goes.
Old 04-23-2005, 06:11 PM
RICK9303
My Feedback: (172)

One of the first things to check, is the choke fully closed? If you are using a servo to open and close it, verify that is fully closed with the servo. With the cowl off open the throttle fully, with ignition off, rock engine on compression back and forth, to operate the carb pump and see if you can see gas going thru the line to the carb. If you rock it a few times you will here a sound from the carb, that fuel is squirting in. Now close the throttle to idle, ignition on, and flip it a few times to it kicks, then open choke part way, and continue flipping to it starts. Open choke fully and let it warm up. Remember, that after I believe two minutes, with out running the ignition turns off and you must turn off the switch and turn it back on. If after a few tries, it will not even kick at all, check ignition battery. Lastly call ZDZ support and ask if they need to look at engine or ignition
Rick