Community
Search
Notices
ZDZ & RCS Support Direct support from Mike Dooley of RC Showcase for all your ZDZ and RCS Engine questions.

ZDZ 80 Choices and Questions

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2005, 03:11 PM
Dangerous Dan
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ZDZ 80 Choices and Questions

I have decided my next plane will be a wildhare extra 260 and my next engine a ZDZ 80 single. I am currently flying a 28% wildhare extra special with a BME 50.

These questions pertain to the ZDZ 80 single:

1. What is the recomended break in prop?

2. What is the recomended prop for IMAC and 3D but mostly IMAC? (the wildhare 260 should weigh 22lbs).

3. I am currently running Penzoil 2-cycle aircooled mixed 50-1 as the post break in oil on my BME 50. I don't want to cary two gas cans! What oil/ratio do you recomend for breakin? What oil/ratio do you recoment for post break in? What differences would I expect to see with different oils/ratios? Can I run Pensoil 2-cycle aircooled 50/1 for pre/post breakin?

4. I now run 87 octane is their a benifit from higher octane?

5. What benifit do you get from the carberator trumpet?

6. What brand ignition do you use?

7. Can the ignition be modified to run direct from 2 cell lithium(CH ignitions and 3W can)?

8. What does the inverted pits muffler weigh?

9. What does your in fuseladge silencer weigh? Does it have a power advantage over an in cowell muffler?

10. What does a KS-89 weigh? Does it have a power advantage over an in cowell muffler?

11. I am kinda confused on the muffler thing...does a canister muffler give you more power is so how much? OR are they just for noise reduction?

Thanks in advance?

Old 08-09-2005, 10:20 AM
Mike Dooley/RCS

Default RE: ZDZ 80 Choices and Questions

1) 24x10 or 26x8
2) 26x10 IMAC, 26x8 3D
3)32:1 Pennzoil or Mobil 2T for the first 4 gallons, then 40:1 Mobil 2T for the life of the engine.
4) higher octane is less volotile and limits preignition in some cases. 87 octane fuel is OK
5) Increased intake air velocity, will help capture fuel spray when running and help increase performance especially at high RPM
6) ZDZ brand, ZDZ electronic switch and direct plug in RPM meters are available for use with the ignitions
7) Max input is recommended at 6.7v
8) 9oz
9) 16oz, yes
10) do not know, yes
11) noise reduction and more power, typical 200-500rpm for JMB silencer
Thanks,
Old 08-09-2005, 10:40 AM
Dangerous Dan
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: ZDZ 80 Choices and Questions

Thanks