Notices
ZDZ & RCS Support Direct support from Mike Dooley of RC Showcase for all your ZDZ and RCS Engine questions.

Walbro carb on ZDZ 80B2-L

Old 11-05-2002, 10:33 PM
Norseman-RCU

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Walbro carb on ZDZ 80B2-L

Hi.
I have a ZDZ 80B2 engine with a Walbro Carb on it, and I think something is missing on it. Below the two needles there is a threaded hole with nothing in it, and this hole has another hole 90 deg. to it with a small spring and a screw in it.

I wonder if anyone know off the top of their heads what this hole is for, and what is supposed to be in it? Or do you know where I can get a exploded view of the carb??

Any info will be appreciated.

Happy flying
Steinar
Old 11-06-2002, 12:45 AM
RCSHOWCASE

Dear Sir, The small hole is for an adjustable tapered idle stop. This is really not needed as you want to be able to stop the engine by bringing the idle trim all the way down anyway.
Thanks,
Mike Dooley
RC Showcase
Old 11-06-2002, 08:23 AM
Norseman-RCU

RCSHOWCASE.
Thank you so much for the reply. It was a great relief to hear that it is nothing important.
BTW where in MD do you live? I lived in Cumberland for almost two years when I went to flightschool. It has now been 12 yrs. since, and I really miss a lot of things from that time.

Sincerely
Steinar Fagerheim