Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ZDZ 60 Blueline Props - Advice wanted

I have just got in larger aircraft/petrol engines and have a ZDZ 60 blueline (JMB Muffler) turning a Menz 24x8 on a Comp. Arf 2.3m extra, engine has had about an hour or so running. It fly's the plane really well, for my style of flying but what prop options do I have? At the moment with a 24x8 menz the engine is doing about 6200rpm, there's plenty of pull, not unlimited vertical but then it is still fairly new. What sort of rpm should I be aiming for when it's had a bit more running, does this engine need to rev a bit more as I notice in the zdz info that max rpm is 8200, should I be aiming for close to 7000 rpm.

If I wanted to go for a carbon prop is there a rule of thumb when converting from wood or is it trial and error.

Nick

RE: ZDZ 60 Blueline Props - Advice wanted

We suggest starting with a 22x10, then after 4 or 5 gallons of fuel at 32:1, you may transition to a 23x10 or the 24x8 with a synthetic fuel mix of 40:1 for the life of the engine. Typical rpm range- 6500-7000
    Thanks
    Mike Dooley
    RC Showcase

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: ZDZ 60 Blueline Props - Advice wanted

Mike,

Thanks for the advice, will give you suggestions a try.

Regards

Nick