Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ZDZ 160 information

I've just got a new ZDZ160 and have some questions:

1. The electronic ignition has a connection labeled TTL -- is this a TTL-level output that is triggered each time the ignition fires and can therefore be used to drive a tachometer circuit? (this would be very useful)

2. Can the engine be broken-in on a test-stand without the need to use baffles over the cylinders?

3. What kind of fuel consumption figures can I expect from this engine at full-throttle

4. Why does ZDZ specify 50:1 oil when most other manufacturers are 80:1 or 100:1 ?

5. What range of static thrust can I expect to get from this engine using readily available props?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: ZDZ 160 information

Hmmm.. that was a waste of time :-)

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: ZDZ 160 information

Hey XJET,

sorry I canΒ΄t give you so many answers to your questions above, but your message is now 2 month ago and IΒ΄m very interested how you have procced. Is this the new ZDZ super 160? If yes, I would apprechiate to get your results from the test stand. I have the previous ZDZ 160,the consumption is appr. 1 gallon per hour. The TTL signal is of the Hall sensor, but for bypassing to a tachometer I would use a galvanic isolation because in case of trouble on the tacho, the ignition will fail and the engine would stall.

Please reply with some of your results, Thanks

Regards

Stefan