Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ZDZ 40 RV Blue Head wont choke Up Fuel

I just bought a new in the box ZDZ 40 RV Blue Head and cant get it to draw fuel with the choke Completey Closed. I can put my finger over the choke while it is in the choke position and it will draw fuel up to the carb instantly but it will not pull fuel up to the carb without my finger over the choke. Ive looked and cant find any thing loose or leaking. Im running a looped vent line on top of the tank and out below the cowling. A Fill LIne out the cowling with a fuel dot and a line with a fuel clunk to the carb. with an inline filter. What is the problem?.
    Thanks

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: ZDZ 40 RV Blue Head wont choke Up Fuel

I have a zdz 50ng..and from the get go.its a bear to get gas..but I do have method that works for me.
    I turn on plane, radio, but ignition off. Then I open up throttle full, close chock full and crank the heck for about 15 to 20 cranks
    I then put radio to idle, take off choke, turn on ignition, and boom...it starts in first or 2nd toss.
    My take is a well back in fuselage..and I think it just takes a few cranks to get up the line.
    Give it a try.

Bobzilla
    www.theultimategamer.net
    "enjoy my rc carnage site"

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: ZDZ 40 RV Blue Head wont choke Up Fuel

Bob these engines shouldnt be such a problem to prime. I had an old BS version that didnt give this kind of priming problem. Ive heard line configuration, Servo travel adjustment, tank placement and etc. and Ive been over all of that and it is still a problem. My tank is practically on the CG but it should draw fuel if the tank is in the tail. Of course it would take longer to get to the carb. but at least it should draw......... period. Need some advise hear. Is this a typical problem with all these engines? Im really thinking about soldering up the vent hole in the choke flap. I think this would solve the whole problem.
    Thanks