Community
Search
Notices
ZDZ & RCS Support Direct support from Mike Dooley of RC Showcase for all your ZDZ and RCS Engine questions.

160 Champion Questions

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2002, 09:48 PM
Whymee
My Feedback: (13)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 160 Champion Questions

Mike,

Just got my 160 Champion a few minutes ago. What a piece of art!

While reading the literature that came with the motor I have some questions / concerns.

The data sheet that came with the motor says that the 160 has 15 HP. Your website says 17 HP for the standard 160. I would assume the champion would have more than that even. This is my biggest concern.

I also received your custom motor Mount. Nice piece of hardware. I am looking for a plate (1 piece) mount as shown in the pic. IS this mount available, or is this a custom mount? The plane I bought is set up for this kind of mount already.

Thanks in advance

Stan
Old 12-11-2002, 09:51 PM
Whymee

i'll try the pic again.....
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	40509_1851.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	27.1 KB
ID:	25229  
Old 12-11-2002, 10:14 PM
RCSHOWCASE

Stan, PLease do not be too concerned with the variance in output data. The 15hp figure is most realistic for a stock 160 and more for the Champion 160. These numbers are purely calculated only at this point. The ZDZ factory is in the process of getting there new Dyno up and running and should have dyno specs on all engines next year. The one piece mount has been discontinued for some time now and the 2 piece mount is currently the only one available. This allows us to use thie same mount for the ZDZ 60 up to the ZDZ 160.
Glad you like the engine so far!
Thanks,
Mike Dooley
RC Showcase
Old 12-22-2002, 12:19 AM
Whymee

bummer on the motor mount. I have a lead on one though.....

On the HP #'s....

I have to read between the lines with your response. My take on your response is that you are "guessing" on the HP numbers for the 160. Talk about being concerned.....

Reason being, I purchased this motor because of the stated specs. Its lighter & more powerful (as stated on your website) than the industry leader DA 150. (+ I like being different)

Now the specs have somehow been changed to say were talking about a 2-3 HP loss over the original specs.

This puts the orig. 160 far below the DA 150 HP numbers. Plus I am not losing 2 hp to be different. lol

Right now I am keeping the 160. If push comes to shove & the website data on the original 160 is correct, (I have to assume the Champion has more HP), goodie for me. If the specs are not correct as published on the web site, Bummer for you. I will be returning this engine & picking up a DA 150.

I take spending $1500.00 very seriously on a motor. I just hope I get what I paid for.

Regards

Stan
[email protected]