Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

trubble starting my zdz 50ng

hello.
    i have som problem with my brand new zdz 50ng blue line it's pretty hard to start then it's cold but then it's warm it is totaly hopless.. mayby 20-40 flips (in some times it starts after 1-5 flips but it's rear ) i have the ignition at 6mm from center of magnet to center of sensor.. any tips to make it start easier ? should i move the ignition so the spark comes earlier ?

i run it on 22x12 menz propp

please help me!

best regards// Victor Granath

RE: trubble starting my zdz 50ng

First off, Change the prop! A 22x12 is way too much! Go to a 22x8 please.
    If you removed the carb, be sure the gasket is lined up properly. Set L needle to 2 turns out and H to 1.5 turns out.
    If you have overheated the engine by running the 22x12 you might have sustained damages that require us to repair the engine. If you have no luck, we highly recommend you send the engine in for us to evaluate and repair, if needed.
    Thanks,
    Mike Dooley
    RC Showcase

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

first of all.. amelung in germay recommended that i should at least use a 22x12 and so does the zdz manual..(and the propeller depends on the aircraft right!) and after a 20min adjustment followed by a 15 min flying then i landed i could touch the motor.. about 40-45 degrees not even the silencer was to warm to touch (here in Sweden we have around 15-25 degrees Celsius good cooling) a guy in sweden here that runs www.hab.se called zdz cz and they told him that i should re adjust my ignition so i get the lightning a little bit earlier then i have now and i should spin the propeller 3 turns with the ignition of and the throttle at full and then set the throttle to idle and turn the ignition on and he fought that would solve my problems. i will try that in the weekend, i will hope for the best

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi Granith,
    You are CERTAINLY over proped as Mike says.. go to a 22X8 ;I run a ZDZ50NG and have yet to go to a 22X10 the recommend prop AFTER break in as Mike says and he KNOWS .A 22X12 is way too much prop ! I have been running mine in a Great Planes Extra for several seasons now with great sucess by following Mike Dooleys qualified instructions to the letter.

Once you decide to go with the correct break in prop(22X8) I strongly suggest you go with a 32-1 mix of NON synthetic 2 cycle oil ,that being said and if your engine is not toast as we say.. start by opening the throttle fully,(ensuring that it is so) ,add full choke and flip the engine smartly 10 times or so,then ensure the choke is off and throttle retarded to idle ,turn ignition off and on again and smartly flip the prop-- if after several flips it is not running "cycle" the ignition switch again, open throttle to full open apply full choke (ensure it is so)and flip it over smartly and it should fire..Now turn off the choke retard the throttle to idle again and smartly flip thre prop. I have found it helps immensely to flip the prop over as strongly as you can,which greatly aids the starting process .

In closing I hope you will accept Mikes advisement he KNOWS ZDZ engines period![8D]
    Fast Richard