Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ZDZ 80 rv tuning

I have a zdz80 on a KS89 can,swinging a mejzlick 26x10,engine has 5 gallons of mobile mx2t @ 32:1 and now running mobil @ 40:1. The engines mid range on the throttle sags a bit,when I get into a hover or rolling harriers you have to keep the throttle at the top end of the stick for good transition but thats to much throttle.Is there any way to get a smooth mid range for better 3d flying?

RE: ZDZ 80 rv tuning

You need to go with a longer header length to soften the midrange. Typical setup should have at least a 12" header.
    Even still a tuned setup will be finicky.
    Thanks
    Mike Dooley
    RC Showcase

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Mike, the header is atleast 12" long by the time it wraps around under the belly,it's set up on the H9 sukhoi. I guess what I asking is if I adjust the timing will that help any? If so which way do I move the sensor and or adjust the needles? Pretty much everything is still factory set.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

????