Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Advice on ZDZ 80RV-J - Comp-arf 2.6 Extra Combo

Hi.

I've been looking to find any hard facts with regard to fitting a ZDZ 80RV-J to either a Comp-arf 2.3 or 2.6 Extra without too much success.
    One piece of info I found suggested that there would be a fair amount of work involved in fitting this engine to the 2.3 Extra and that it would be to heavy for the airframe.
    I'm leaning toward the 2.6 Extra for this engine but would like some real world feedback on the combination before I take the plunge.
    Has anyone had experience of this combo?

Thanks.

Stew.

RE: Advice on ZDZ 80RV-J - Comp-arf 2.6 Extra Combo

I have installed the regular 80RV inverted with a pitts muffler and also horizontally with a header and JMB silencer into this airframe without problems. The Super 80 has a larger footprint and if simply installing the engine inverted with a pitts muffler it would be an outrageous combo. ZM 26x10 at 6800+ new, awesome performance.
    In stock now with 80.00 rebate.
    Thanks,
    Mike Dooley
    RC Showcase