Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Help with prop selection!

Hi Mike, I have a sweet running ZDZ 40 rv that is currently on this airplane. She weighs just under 15 lbs. I am using a 20/8 NX prop and I am totally satisfied with the airplane/engine performance. What I am not happy about is the need to re-tighten the prop bolts every few flights. (wooden prop hub compressing). I have an extremely delicate fiberglass spinner that can't tolerate too many more removals so I am wanting to install a Mejzlik prop thinking that the carbon fiber hub won't compress. Right now I'm turning anywhere from 7150 to 7300 rpm static with the NX prop and a Bisson side mount muffler. Would a Mejzlik 20/8 give the same performance or should I try a 21/8 Mejzlik?? Thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ay75570.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	86.3 KB 
ID:	556156  

RE: Help with prop selection!

Go with the 21x8 Mejzlik, awesome. I would also recommend cutting the crimps off of the muffler downtubes to increase performance a bit more as well.
    Thanks!
    Mike Dooley
    RC Showcase