Notices
ZDZ & RCS Support Direct support from Mike Dooley of RC Showcase for all your ZDZ and RCS Engine questions.

carb settings on 100 b2 ng

Old 12-13-2006, 12:54 AM
maarten

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default carb settings on 100 b2 ng

hi all,
just using this engine on a QQ Yak 54. After a lot of trouble getting the engine started (even by a factory flyer from ZDZ) it now runs.
Prop 26x10 wood and runs at 6400 rpm. enough power to go unlimited vertikal. runs at 1:40
all fine, but ......
the transition sucks, this kills me in hovering.
there seems to be a performance gap in the mid range.I have 0-35% or 80%-100%, nothing in between. I tried filling around with the high and low needle but can't get it right.
Any ideas how to get this right?

cheers
Old 12-13-2006, 12:20 PM
Mike Dooley/RCS

Default RE: carb settings on 100 b2 ng

What type of exhaust system are you using? What are your needle settings? Is the throttle plate opening in the correct direction?(screw head should face INWARD toward engine when closed) Was the carb removed? Is the gasket aligned properly to insure the crankcase pressure pulse is operating the carb pump? Are you using any type of inline or clunk type filters or fueling valves? If so, GET RID OF THEM. Use a standard solid heavy clunk and filter your fuel when filling the tank. Use a simple tee or wye and a simple fuel dot for filling. Be sure you are using a 32:1 mix if new and a 40:1 mix if broken in. Be sure the engine is baffled and is cooling properly and you are using spoilers on your exit air openings.
Old 12-14-2006, 02:24 PM
maarten

Hi Mike,

I am using the 3w canisters for the 110cc version of theirs (because i could not find any other canister with a max diamater of 55 mm)
needle setting:
L tested from 1.1/4 to 2
H tested from 1.1/4 to 2
now i believe about l=1.1/2 H=1.1/2
carb has not been appart. plate checked and looks correct
no clunk filter, no inline filter (I indeed filter during filling) I use now after 30 liters 1:40
baffling is as should be, extra baffles in the cowling directing the airflow to the cylinders 8as on the zdz site)
spoilers on the exit openings ??? never heard of that. also cannot imagine how to do such a thing.

regards
maarten
Old 12-23-2006, 04:34 PM
maarten

Hi Mike,

i opend up the L now 2.5 turns and the picking up is better, but still worse then the 3W110
Now Idle runs unstable and unreliable.
Any idea's
Power seems also be on the low side, compared to the DA100. The max prop I can use is a 26x10 runs at 6400 rpm. on the DA it will run a 27x10 at 6350rpm. on the same canisters

regards