Community
Search
Notices
ZDZ & RCS Support Direct support from Mike Dooley of RC Showcase for all your ZDZ and RCS Engine questions.

RCS 150 Radial. When?

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2007, 05:19 PM
javier3006

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RCS 150 Radial. When?

The new RCS 150 Radial Engine never came to USA? Or you had this one and now is out the stock. I'm planing a trip to USA on April and I'm interested in buy one of this.
I saw the collector exaust is included, but the engine mount is included too? If not; do you sell it?
Can I buy the engine online with credit card and you send me it to my hotel in Orlando or Miami?
Excuse me for my poor english.
If you can answer me, I have more questions about this engine for my new project.
I'm from Argentina.
Best Regards.
Javier Cereseto
Old 02-15-2007, 10:50 AM
JugMan

Default RE: RCS 150 Radial. When?

I'd like to hear about this engine's availability also.
Old 04-01-2007, 03:36 PM
thias

My arrived last week (ordered end of january).

The exhaust and mounting bracket is included.

Regards,
Matthias
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq47250.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	79.4 KB
ID:	654571  
Old 07-06-2007, 01:03 PM
camacho

ORIGINAL: thias

Regards,
Matthias
Hi Thias-

I was looking for this particular set up, and I wonder if you may have some figures or comments on it.
I am a fan of the C-ARF YAK-55, however I do live in Mexico City 7,100 msl and is hard to fly as good as on the shore.
I have tried the DA-100 and 3W-103's in al its versions but still can't get out of hover with authority.

So, I am very interest in the RCS 150 performance.

Regards, Camacho.
Old 10-09-2007, 08:16 PM
DANIBOY

ORIGINAL: thias

Regards,
Matthias
like camacho, I would also like to know the performance of that combo yak-55 2.6m + rcs 150

thanks
Old 10-25-2007, 07:04 PM
CesarC

Some people never understand... but I will keep on trying,........ well since you are flying at that altitude in Mexico City and you are looking for good performance I guess the way to go is ELECTRIC, forget about premium or magna we all know they are cheap tho... but some more holes in your pocket wouldnt harm, buying an electric motor, ESC and some Thunder Power will give the performance you need..... I know I know.... you might be those kinds of guys who love noise and you think you wont get it in electric, but you will find that with the size of props you will be moving you will have noise.... not the gas engine kind of noise of course..... but I guess thats the price you have to pay if you are looking for performance at high altitudes...... so let me know.... what do you want Performance or High DBSP of noise..... think about it and make your bet

Good luck,

Cesar
Old 02-21-2008, 08:26 AM
Ch0pp3r
My Feedback: (3)

I have a hard time getting 6 minutes worth of full power performance on electric no metter how hard I try to watch my throttle settings. I can't get all the way through my IMAC routine even once with full power. The power is great for only a little while. With gas (ZDZ!)I can practice mt IMAC routines for 25 minutes and as the fuel gets used the power just keeps getting better!
Old 02-21-2008, 06:38 PM
CesarC

But being honest, how many planes you have damage just because the engine stopped?

On the other hand, you can get more than 6 mins, not the 25 mins definitevely, but more than 6 yes, all depends on your setup,
Motor, prop, battery, basically, more important the prop, cause thats the load you are putting on the electric system.

When you say as the gas get consumed you get more power, are you implying that the engine has more torque and more RPM ???
Or you try to mean that because the plane is lighter the same power of the motor can move it more easily ?

I dont think you are implying the first, and in the second you are supposing that there's no changes in wind speed, when the plane
gets lighter and there's a important increase in wind speed you are lossing penetration, when flying against the wind of course, and the
lighter it gets the less stable it becomes too. I like electrics cause you have a constant weight at all times, the changing factor is wind
speed and not both of them, there's no grease, and an electric motor would hardly stop on air.

Thanks for your reply,
Cesar