Community
Search
Notices
ZDZ & RCS Support Direct support from Mike Dooley of RC Showcase for all your ZDZ and RCS Engine questions.

ZDZ 50NG starting problem

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2007, 11:44 AM
hgelvin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ZDZ 50NG starting problem

I have a zdz 50ng that is a bear to get started. I talked to RCS and they said that it was the carb so I ordered a new one (WT201). Overnighted it with saturday delivery. Put it on and the engine fired right up. But whenever I go to the field it doesn't start. It acts like it isn't getting fuel. All it does is fire and die, then I flip it once and it will fire then kind of run but die. So I flip the piece again and sure enough it fires then yup you guessed it, dies again. This will go on for about an hour then finally it will maybe start and let me fly, but after fueling up again I have to go through the whole process again. This engine only has about 3 gallons of fuel through it, and frankly I am getting really tired of it. So if anyone has any thoughts I would really appricate it. Thanks!!!!
Old 04-09-2007, 12:26 PM
Mike Dooley/RCS

Default RE: ZDZ 50NG starting problem

Wait.....you installed the new carb and it fires right up. But, when you go to the field it does not work?
This makews no sense.
Check your battery, or replace it. Be sure to set the L to 2 and H to 1.5 initially.
Thanks
Old 04-09-2007, 12:38 PM
hgelvin

Mike,

I left the needles as they where when I recieved the carb from you all. L is 1.75 out and the h is about 1.25 out. The battery is brand new has one flight on it (when the engine ran) The only other thing that I can think of is the ignition is bad. BUt those run $150.00, then after shipping and the new carb I am sitting at about $300.00, plus all the time, pain and cusing caused by this one. For another 300 I can just by a new engine that I know won't have any trouble. What does it cost to send the engine in, I don't want to do this b/c I will lose flying time, but heck I can't fly this as it stands anyway.

Thanks,
Old 06-25-2007, 05:42 PM
JoeAirPort
My Feedback: (41)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

See my thread on the easy way to start a 50NG in this forum. You should try using some choke when you finally start it. It gets mine running and stays running every single time. Piece of cake now.
Old 09-28-2007, 06:08 PM
ramcfarland
My Feedback: (44)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mike I can not resist: USE a high power starter sure got me started at the recent 07 PGRC Warbird meet