Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: zdz60?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

zdz60?

i am getting one of the ney ef yaks(88), they are between 17-18lbs, alot of people are running the brellelli 60, i am a zdz fan though, i have an 80 and love everything about it, i have also had very good luck with customer service from them, they were very reasonable when sending it in for repair after a crash, my question was going to be about mufflers, but after browsing around a bit some of you say the evo58 is a better engine, in that it is a new design, i guess better is a opinion though, i still like the zdz60 idea but i dont want to buy a motor with problems either, anyway if i get the 60, which i am still leaning towards unless someone can definetly convince me otherwise, which muffler would be the best bet? i have the wrap around pitts on my 80, love the sound and performance, but on the 60 i have heard they(wrap around) are the heaviest, and a side dump may be better, this plane has plenty of room in the cowl for a side dump, how much difference in wieght is there? and how about performance, i now heard side dumps perform better? if you look at the 3 choices on rc showcase, the j&a one looks to be the best to me, looks like it would be the least restrictive, any body got any ideas? thanks...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: zdz60?

ZDZ 60 black head with new ignition is brilliant. Have fitted it to wildhare extra special 300 (old model foam wings)23x10 mejlik prop and ks can muffler, will pull you over when range checking. 17 1/2 pound auw. Carb linkage a bit tricky but comes with ball link add ons. Choke full on 3 flips until fires, choke off 2-3 flips and away. New plug cap has air cooling holes . Have photos of linkage mods Well impressed, much less hassle to start than my mates 3w 50i. just coming up to 4.5 hrs running, idle is just getting better all the time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

i did get the 60, went with a wrap around pitts muffler, getting a 24-8 prop for it, i like 8 pitches for 3d flying, looks like a nice motor, dont have the plane yet, hopefully soon

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

i got it all going, not too impressed just yet, need to get the motor broke in more i guess, changed from 24-8 to a 22-10 to break in, got better but i would like more from it, only 5-6 tanks so far, see what happens, might have to mess with the exhaust at some point