Community
Search
Notices
ZDZ & RCS Support Direct support from Mike Dooley of RC Showcase for all your ZDZ and RCS Engine questions.

ZDZ 80 Kuwait

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2007, 02:10 PM
shakway

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ZDZ 80 Kuwait

I have a newly purchased ZDZ 80 RV I bought about 4 months ago. After the first 15 flights using Ashless oil for break in and NX 24x10 propeller with 98% octane and 32:1 oil ratio. After a couple flight after switching to synthetic at 40:1 the engine had the following problems:

- Muffler usually gets loose
- Engine takes alot of time to start
- Engine pressure was gone

As a result, I have sent the engine to ZDZ CZ for fixing and it has just arrived again and they told me I had a problem with the hall sensor and cooling. I have modified the cowl to make it cool much better. As you know Kuwait is a hot country and these days the temp is around 40 celcius which is about 104 fahrenheit. The good news is that now the engine starts normally and ZDZ CZ fixed the sensor for me. My question is that my temp readings are about 300 Fahrenheit with 24x10 mejzlik with 32:1 ashless oil again. My only problem is the temp readings I want to know if they are normal and the engine from idle to midrange has a bit of "cuts" and when I finished test flying for the first time today there is no oil on the plane.

So:
#1 is the plane too lean baring in mind ZDZ CZ fixed it?
#2 Is my temp readings normal?
#3 Is my mixture of fuel correct with 98% octane and 32:1 ashless?

Below are the pics of my plane now...

Ahmed
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ay76138.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	66.8 KB
ID:	681508   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ni24782.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	54.8 KB
ID:	681509   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ci98083.jpg