Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thank you Stacey and Mike, 50RV is running great

I know this is support but I must say thanks for the great service. I called last week and happily ordered the new 201 carb for the 50RV that has been sitting in a ready Wagstaff for two years. Previously, with the 7 carb, the motor would run for three to five seconds on the choked in fuel, however, the fuel in the line retreated back to he tank. Adjusting the screws did nothing. Deciding on the new carb was a winner. It arrived here in Europe 5 days after Stacey sent it out at the USPS office. Yesterday evening I pulled the motor, swapped the arms to the new carb and bolted everything back together. I took Wagstaff out back and called for my wife to hold the airplane. Choke on, two year old fuel still in the tank, ignition on, throttle open, and in about 6 flips I had the short choke run. Choke open, throttle to idle, it started on the 5th flip. Perfect. Fuel was feeding into the carb, acceleration was smooth, idle was great, and the stab left red marks in my wife's calves at wide open. I ran it a few minutes, throttling up and down, entertaining the neighbors and I am completly satisfied with the results. I'm looking forward to the first real flight this evening (I got one three minute flight two years ago when the motor, one time only, ran, albiet poorly, until it died in the air) . Until then, I'll vaccuum the spiders out of the fuselage and clean off the pound of dust that has gathered on the airplane and do a bolt check on everything.

Thanks You,
    Mark

P.S. Found a garden spider baby nest in one wheel pant. I removed it carefully and now the little fellows are going to take care of my garden.

RE: Thank you Stacey and Mike, 50RV is running great

Mark, We are glad to help and are very pleased you are happy again!!
    Please keep us posted.
    Thanks!!
    Mike Dooley
    RC Showcase

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Thank you Stacey and Mike, 50RV is running great

Hi again,
    Made four flights tonight. No problems. Easy to start, idles fine, has a bit of a burble after a down line but I have not yet touched the needles. I plan on flying gently for a couple or three gallons and then I'll tweak it to best performance. I'm happy! Thanks again.

Mark