Community
Search
Notices
ZDZ & RCS Support Direct support from Mike Dooley of RC Showcase for all your ZDZ and RCS Engine questions.

ZDZ 50 NG Starting Problem

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2007, 11:10 AM
paul7194

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ZDZ 50 NG Starting Problem

I bought a ZDZ 50 from a friend in my RC club that was about 1 1/2 years old. We started it a couple of times and let it run a short while. After starting it those two times we could never get it started again. I tried and he tried. I called RC Showcase and talked to Mike Dooley and he asked me what carburator I had on it. After giving him the number he said he would send me an updated carburator and it would fix my starting problems. Needless to say I was thrilled and posted on this forum my good thoughts about his service. I got the carburator about two or three weeks later and installed it but still could not get the engine to run.
I called RC Showcase and they advised to send the engine to them. I had read on their web site that you have to have the receipt to prove purchase date for waranty service and I told the person I was talking to on the phone that I did not have that reciept of original purchase and he said that wouldn't be a problem.
To make a long story short, I got a call from RC Showcase today (about two weeks after I sent it in) that the ignition may be bad and it would cost $150.00 for a new one. I asked if it would be covered under waranty and was told it would not be unless I had the receipt. I reminded the gentleman that I was told it wouldn't be a problem if I didn't have the receipt and he said I would have to have it.
Ok, I am just posting my expierence. I am sure most don't have the problems I had. I know about receipts etc., and would not have sent it if the person I talked to wouldn't have said "that wouldn't be a problem".