Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ZDZ wanting to die?

Ok, I have been running my ZDZ 80rv copper version for about 20 flights now. I have started flying 3D and when I am running the throttle up and down real quickly for hover and harrier, the engine starts to bog down and wants to die. I then have to full throttle it to keep it running. I have turned the low speed both ways little by little and cant seem to get it to stop. Could it be my high speed? I bought this engine from a guy on here when he had about 30 flights on it. I then flew it with the same Penzoil as he did for about another gallon, then switched to Mobil one 2T synthetic. I am running a Vess 26A prop and 93 unleaded fuel. Any thoughts? Maybe a bad carb?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: ZDZ wanting to die?

***EDIT***....whooooops! Posted before I realized it was a factory direct support thread. SORRY MIKE!

Chad
    Chad

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: ZDZ wanting to die?

Ok, I have been running my ZDZ 80rv copper version for about 20 flights now. I have started flying 3D and when I am running the throttle up and down real quickly for hover and harrier, the engine starts to bog down and wants to die. I then have to full throttle it to keep it running. I have turned the low speed both ways little by little and cant seem to get it to stop. Could it be my high speed? I bought this engine from a guy on here when he had about 30 flights on it. I then flew it with the same Penzoil as he did for about another gallon, then switched to Mobil one 2T synthetic. I am running a Vess 26A prop and 93 unleaded fuel. Any thoughts? Maybe a bad carb?