Community
Search
Notices
ZDZ & RCS Support Direct support from Mike Dooley of RC Showcase for all your ZDZ and RCS Engine questions.

ZDZ 60 won't start

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2009, 01:20 PM
helifant

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ZDZ 60 won't start

Hi All
I have been trying unsuccesfully to start my ZDZ60 for the past 2 weeks. It had about 20 flights 2 years ago without problem but will not start now.
I have tried all the different techniques on this forum without success. First start of the day 5.5.1 or 2 and sometimes the engine will rev then die as if it not geting any fuel after the first prime. No amount of flicking has any effect after this no pops nothing. sometimes after standing for an hour 2 flicks without choke and it will rev again other times nothing till the next day then 5.5.1 again. I have tried retarding and advancing the ignition with no change. Cylinder is wet, somtimes plug is too but not always. Carb is priming and fuel will sometimes drip from the intake. I've tried lowering and highering the tank no change. cleaned out the carb which was spotless with fuel inside. I'm using a 2400 battery fully charged showing a constant 5.1 volts. Spark is good out of the engine when plug is wet or dry. Also changed the plug
Now at my wits end can anyone help
Old 08-07-2009, 02:37 PM
k_caller
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: ZDZ 60 won't start

Hello Helifant,
I had that problem too and solved it by removing the membrane ans soaking it for a few days in plain gasoline. If it has been sitting for some time, then the membrane tends to stiffen up and will not effectively pull the fuel to the carb. Also, when you pul the carb, be sure to blow out all of the air holes and likes just to be sure there is nothing restricting the air flow. One other possibility is be sure to check that the gasket is mounted correctly, On the older ZDZs, it was easy to mount the gasket so that the vent hole was blocked.
Hope this helps!
Good luck,
Dennis
PS. one more thing- if all else fails, you might either have to get a new carb or better- a rebuild kit, that's a bit cheaper. Hopefully you have a good ZDZ dealer in the UK. If not, I can recommend one from Holland. He's very helpful in matters like these.
(email address- [email protected] ask for Johann. His website is all in Dutch but he speaks and writes English.
Old 08-23-2009, 01:13 PM
helifant

Hi all
problem solved with the help of Johan at mailto:[email protected] and Mike at Troybuilt models
Many thanks
Old 08-02-2010, 05:35 PM
DennisD

ORIGINAL: helifant

Hi all
problem solved with the help of Johan at mailto:[email protected] and Mike at Troybuilt models
Many thanks
So, what was the problem? Tell us what they recommended you do, at least!

What did you do to rectify the problem?

Regards,

Dennis