Community
Search
Notices
ZDZ & RCS Support Direct support from Mike Dooley of RC Showcase for all your ZDZ and RCS Engine questions.

zdz 60 exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2008, 08:19 AM
diamondave
My Feedback: (29)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default zdz 60 exhaust

i have a zdz60 with a wrap around pitts muffler, i dont think its a super sonic, it doenst look as big, rcshowcase sent it to me with the motor though, anyway id like to get a little more power from my engine, i am turning around 6700 with a 23-8, i am currently using a 23b vess turning about the same, but it pulls harder than the 8 pitch, i have tried 22-10 and 24-8, this one seems to be the best so im happy with prop, i was told a while ago that a side dump performs better, is that true? it does seem like it may be less restrictive, they dont have that sharp curve right from the start, i dont mind side exhaust sticking out if it means a noticable gain in rpms, the other choice could be a pipe, i have heard mixed things about those, like you can loose transition and it can be either "on" or "off" the pipe, that doesnt sound too good to me, but how much rpm could i actually gain? my yak has a pipe tunnel so mounting shouldnt be that difficult, here is some pics of the mufflers from rcshowcase, you can see what i mean about the side dump maybe being flowing more freely just from appearance, and i do notice mine is quiter than others with similar displacement which may mean more restriction, any thoughts? the compact side one may even flow better, but i like the pitts looking side dump one myself, is it worth a try?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx70369.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	57.2 KB
ID:	1033030   Click image for larger version

Name:	Je11031.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	60.1 KB
ID:	1033031   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ch96076.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	76.6 KB