Notices
ZDZ & RCS Support Direct support from Mike Dooley of RC Showcase for all your ZDZ and RCS Engine questions.

ZDZ ENGINE DRIVING ME CRAZY HELP!

Old 04-18-2009, 06:18 PM
budchugger
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ZDZ ENGINE DRIVING ME CRAZY HELP!

I bought a used 50NG on the ground it starts fine, runs fine, transitions fine and you can hold the throttle anywhere at any rpm for any lenth of time and it runs fine. I guess buy now you are woundering why I am asking a question. Here is my problem, as soon as I roll out for take off and get the wheels about 2" off the ground I lose power, It does not die and idles fine and will power back up on the ground. WHAT IS GOING ON?

I have also taken the carb apart and cleaned it, the only thing I can see possibly wrong is the diaphram is cupped.

Thanks for anyones help in advance

Mike Carroll
Old 05-02-2009, 03:18 PM
PiccoLino

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: ZDZ ENGINE DRIVING ME CRAZY HELP!

My engine manual says:
"The engine runs fine on the ground but get very rich on take off and flight. This is tipically caused by a positivie pressure building-up inside the cowl, or the carb diaphram vent hole being exposed to direct prop blast or ram air".
Old 05-11-2009, 06:50 AM
budchugger
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: ZDZ ENGINE DRIVING ME CRAZY HELP!

I replaced the carb and all is well. thanks for the help.