Community
Search
Notices
ZDZ & RCS Support Direct support from Mike Dooley of RC Showcase for all your ZDZ and RCS Engine questions.

zdz 40 won't draw fuel

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2003, 04:18 AM
R Plante

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default zdz 40 won't draw fuel

I have a zdz 40 that has been ugly to start from day 1. cannot get the fuel to draw on choke. When I prime the engine and get it running it is a great engine it turns a 20x10 menz standard @6850 with only 1.5 gals on the engine and it still a little rich. we fly at 2800' ASL.

I have plug the hole in the choke plate, checked my tank plumbing for leaks, tried with and without the cowl and am at a loss as what to do.

If I add 18" of line tie it onto my Brison 4.2 6 or 7 turns on choke at an idle brings fuel to the carb same with my g 62.

There is supposed to be a new carb coming to me via the Hobby shops next order of engines but that has been over 3 weeks now with it being next week again.

Also I am getting some leakage around the plug seat. I have cleaned and retightened the plug but cannot stop it entirely.

Any advice on this problem would be welcome.

Randy Plante