Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ZDZ 60 won't start

Hi All
    I have been trying unsuccesfully to start my ZDZ60 for the past 2 weeks. It had about 20 flights 2 years ago without problem but will not start now.
    I have tried all the different techniques on this forum without success. First start of the day 5.5.1 or 2 and sometimes the engine will rev then die as if it not geting any fuel after the first prime. No amount of flicking has any effect after this no pops nothing. sometimes after standing for an hour 2 flicks without choke and it will rev again other times nothing till the next day then 5.5.1 again. I have tried retarding and advancing the ignition with no change. Cylinder is wet, somtimes plug is too but not always. Carb is priming and fuel will sometimes drip from the intake. I've tried lowering and highering the tank no change. cleaned out the carb which was spotless with fuel inside. I'm using a 2400 battery fully charged showing a constant 5.1 volts. Spark is good out of the engine when plug is wet or dry. Also changed the plug
    Now at my wits end can anyone help

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: ZDZ 60 won't start

Hello Helifant,
    I had that problem too and solved it by removing the membrane ans soaking it for a few days in plain gasoline. If it has been sitting for some time, then the membrane tends to stiffen up and will not effectively pull the fuel to the carb. Also, when you pul the carb, be sure to blow out all of the air holes and likes just to be sure there is nothing restricting the air flow. One other possibility is be sure to check that the gasket is mounted correctly, On the older ZDZs, it was easy to mount the gasket so that the vent hole was blocked.
    Hope this helps!
    Good luck,
    Dennis
    PS. one more thing- if all else fails, you might either have to get a new carb or better- a rebuild kit, that's a bit cheaper. Hopefully you have a good ZDZ dealer in the UK. If not, I can recommend one from Holland. He's very helpful in matters like these.
    (email address- info@biggerplanes.com ask for Johann. His website is all in Dutch but he speaks and writes English.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi all
    problem solved with the help of Johan at mailto:info@biggerplanes.com and Mike at Troybuilt models
    Many thanks

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: helifant

Hi all
    problem solved with the help of Johan at mailto:info@biggerplanes.com and Mike at Troybuilt models
    Many thanks
    So, what was the problem? Tell us what they recommended you do, at least!

What did you do to rectify the problem?

Regards,

Dennis
    Dennis D MAAC 9412L
    IMAC 3821 Team Airtronics