Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: ZDZ ignition

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ZDZ ignition

Hi
    Am I right in assuming the ZDZ ignition ADVANCES the spark once running. As set up by the instructions the static timing before starting is only a degree or two before top dead center. All my three other ignition units are set initialy to 34 degrees before top dead center static and then RETARD the ignition according to RPM up to this maximum.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: ZDZ ignition

no, start by placing the ignition point at about a max of 3mm BTDC. You can even make it closer to virtually almost 0.02 BTDC if it remains hard to start.
    34° is way too much.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

No you misunderstand my OTHER 3 engines are set at 34 degrees and start and run perfectly which means the ignition units are retarding the ignition according to engine speed.
    The ZDZ ignition on my engine if set from the instructions ie. 6mm from center if sensor to center of magnet fires the plug a degree or two BTDC. which means that if the ignition unit is like my others it CANNOT advance more than this. Only retard. This is why I think the ZDZ ignition ADVANCES.
    If I set the timing to 3mm of Piston Stroke BTDC as sugested on some website it gives 33 degrees BTDC.
    I have also seen 0.3 mm sugested on other websites which is the same as setting the timing as shown in the manual ie 2 degrees BTDC.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi
    I was right about the ZDZ ignition it does ADVANCE the timing.
    confirmation by Mike at troybuilt models.