Community
Search
Notices
ZDZ & RCS Support Direct support from Mike Dooley of RC Showcase for all your ZDZ and RCS Engine questions.

this is for MIKE

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2003, 02:47 AM
3wExtra

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default this is for MIKE

Mike I have beentrying to get in touch with you many times, left voice mail, someone at your shop told me that you or someone else was going to call me, more messages and nothing. I have one of you ZDZ80s and need some pointers on how to get this thing running better, more RPMs. I have a 3 bladed 24-12 Mej on it and I am getting 5500 rpms! could you please tell me what I have to do in order to get in touch with you? PLEASE call me
Astolfo
Old 07-03-2003, 11:55 AM
Mike Dooley/RCS

Default this is for MIKE

Astolfo,
5500rpm on a 24x12 3 blade is respectable performance. Is the engine new? Have you run a 2 blade break in prop?(such as 24x10 or 26x8). What are the rpm figures for these props? How much time is on the engine? Is the timing set properly?
We have been out of the office.
Regards,
Mike Dooley
RCS
Old 07-03-2003, 05:51 PM
3wExtra

Default Mike

1 gallon plus... I have not used a 2 blade prop,clearance, I believe that the timing is OK, I checked it per falkon's instructions. it does run very erratically, I can get it to idle, and run but it is like misfiring all the time specially at low rpms, I have not used full throttle but to adjust the H needle. if you can please call me it should not take too much time 5 minutes tops I promise!
thank you
Astolfo