Community
Search
Notices
ZDZ & RCS Support Direct support from Mike Dooley of RC Showcase for all your ZDZ and RCS Engine questions.

RCS 180 won't draw fuel

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2003, 11:07 PM
Swat Cop
My Feedback: (11)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RCS 180 won't draw fuel

I purchased an RCS 180 from CAMPAC16 from the classified section. He said the engine ran fine but I just mounted it and here is the problem I am having. The engine will not draw any fuel, if I pour raw fuel down the carb throat it will sputter until that is gone but it will not draw any fuel from the tank. The lines are all clear and I even tried running a line with a clunk from the carb to my one gallon fueling tank and still it will not pull any fuel.

I suspect there is probably a hole in the diaphram on the fuel pump. Any ideas?
Old 07-10-2003, 03:32 PM
sea157
My Feedback: (30)

Check the diaphram and if need be replace it.
Old 07-10-2003, 05:11 PM
Mike Dooley/RCS

pull the carb. Check the alignment of the pulsehole on the engine backplate. Be sure it is lined up with the plastic spacer and oriented properly with the carb. Solder the choke plate hole closed and re-drill with a 1/32 bit.
Keep me posted.
Thanks,
MIke Dooley
RC Showcase
Old 07-11-2003, 02:35 AM
Swat Cop

Default RCS 180

I pulled the carb and everything was lined up correctly. I soldered the hole in the choke plate. I could get the engine to sputter but not run. Two other guys in my club with gas experience tried to start the engine for two hours straight with no luck. I tried it the next day with an electric starter an could get the engine to run at full throttle or half throttle, if I brought it down to near an idle would die immediately. I pulled the engine and sent it back to RC Showcase I am hoping you guys can sort it out. The engine is still under warranty under the name Dmitry Gluskin. The engine was sent out priorty mail on 07-08-03 (tue) and it should arrive at RC Showcase 07-10 on 07-11. I am beginning to think I should have just stuck with glow.
Old 08-02-2003, 11:33 PM
Swat Cop

Default Update, just got engine back from RCS

Well, I just got my engine back from RC Showcase after a MONTH. I am sorry to say, I still have the same problem. I submitted a detailed letter describing the problem, engine starts and runs at half and full throttle, warmed up with choke open but dies immediately if I try to bring it down to idle. I have tried every possible needle setting to include the factory recomeded settings.

Apparently RC Showcase checked out the ignition, checked out ok. So their solution was to replace the choke plate and shaft with one that has the hole soldered closed. I don't know why relacing the choke would make the engine idle when the engine is warmed up and choke open. Needless to say I am not happy with my service. A few people at our club (Sunset Flyes, Saint Cloud, FL) have decided against RCS engines after seeing the problems I have had with this one. Sending it back AGAIN Monday let you know the results (in another month probably).