Community
Search
Notices
ZDZ & RCS Support Direct support from Mike Dooley of RC Showcase for all your ZDZ and RCS Engine questions.

RCS turnaround time

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2003, 10:11 AM
dragoonpvw
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RCS turnaround time

What is the turnaround time for returned engines. I bought a ZDZ40 and mounted in a mustang I built for it. It would not run after many trys (fuel not draw then would run out of carb it was so wet when hand choked and flood it, but would not run for more than 20 seconds without starving) . I called RCS and they talked with me a little and recommended that I return it for them to check. I sent it USP 2day and waited for a week. I then went on vacation expecting it on my return. No sign when I got back so I called, the lady said they had it but no-one had seen it yet, they would get to it soon. One week later No sign so I called again, same lady found the engine and again no-one had looked at it yet, I told her that I had already missed a couple of engagements with the plane and would like some idea of time. She told me the guys were in Florida and she would push it for me asp. Now it is over a week later and still no sign. This seems a long time to wait for a resolution on a new engine, can you give me an idea on how long it will take to get back.
I know that the zdz40 is a great motor as I had seen the same setup as mine before I built it and I understand how busy things get. I would just like an estimate of time.
Good Luck
Thanks
Paul
Florida
Old 07-08-2003, 12:20 PM
Mike Dooley/RCS

Paul,
We apologioze for the delay.
Your engine is next on the bench.
Regards,
Mike Dooley
RC Showcase
Old 07-08-2003, 12:22 PM
Mike Dooley/RCS

Paul,
Please check your records.
You sent the parcel to us Priority Mail, not UPS 2nd Day.
Again, We apologize for the delay in servicing your engine.
RC Showcase
Old 07-08-2003, 01:59 PM
dragoonpvw

Thanks Mike,
note I said USP (united states post) not UPS. It will probably turn out there is nothing wrong with it now but at least you can check it. Thanks for getting back so quick.
good Luck
Paul
Old 07-08-2003, 06:49 PM
foxx
My Feedback: (2)

What a difference does it make how the dude sent you the engine , the fact of the matter is you got it and after a month and missing so much of the flying time he still does not have an engine.
Old 07-08-2003, 06:55 PM
Mike Dooley/RCS

Yes we agree and we are trying our very best which right now is obviously not good enough!
Mike Dooley
RCS
Old 07-09-2003, 12:05 AM
dragoonpvw

Sorry Mike,
I know you will take care of me, you were so helpful on the phone. I only posted here as the girl in the office said you were in FL and I thought perhaps you were answering here while on the road. I didn,t want to complain.
Foxx, thanks for trying to help but Mike answered my post in two hours and that is pretty quick in my book. The problem is satisfied in my eyes and I thank RCS. Mikes mix up with the Ups was my fault as I should have said USPS and he was only trying to help with my record keeping. This may all be pointless anyhow as this is my first gas engine so it could be all be just user error.
good Luck all
Paul
Old 07-15-2003, 11:44 AM
dragoonpvw

Engine came back checked and with replaced and modified carb Saturday the 12th, only four days after my posting here. The speed which Mike resolved the problem was exemplary. Hopefully I will get it tested tonight and fly soon. All businesses have problems once in a while and how well they resolve them is a sign of their quality, thanks Mike.
Good Luck
Paul
Old 07-15-2003, 01:58 PM
krayzc-RCU
My Feedback: (31)

I think as long as the rc folks are not at events like J. Nall, TOC, ect. they will bend over backwards to helps us all out. Mike had to put a new ignition, carb, and spark plug on a zdz engine for me and that baby runs like a champ now; 1st flips starts I am loving life. Soon to send him some pics of my latest project a rcs 1.4 on a U Can 3d, that's is the right plane and engine combo for the 1.4.

http://members.cox.net/krayzc/

ps Mike whats a good headed length to try on the rcs 1.4 with the tune pipe you all sell?