Community
Search
Notices
ZDZ & RCS Support Direct support from Mike Dooley of RC Showcase for all your ZDZ and RCS Engine questions.

RCS Support = Great

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2003, 06:10 PM
rthorne
My Feedback: (29)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RCS Support = Great

A quick kudos to RCS.

The choke plate on my ZDZ80 fell off. It appears that the threads in the shaft gave a bit, maybe due to vibration? and the screw came loose.

At any rate a quick email to RCS and Andrea replies quickly stating that there are new parts in the mail today so I can repair the motor and get it flying again.

So not only did I get a quick response, I also have parts on the way so I can repair the engine without sending it back.

Thanks RCS!!
Old 07-16-2003, 01:42 AM
Big_Bird
My Feedback: (1)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Rich, of all the parts on an engine, those two little screws (choke, and throttle plate) scare the begeebers out of me. I severely lunched out a G-62 when one went flying through the engine.

I assume that it did no damage to yours when you lost it. Right?

Ken
Old 07-16-2003, 01:58 AM
rthorne

Hi Ken:

No, I don't think I have a problem. I carefully turned the engine over and no problem that I could see. I was in the middle of an upline when the engine started burping then quit. I can only assume gravity did its job and the screw fell away from the carb. I ought to check the inside of the fuse, there is a chance the screw is inside the fuse some where.

I was flying just a tad down wind. When I heard the engine problem I pulled up to get some altitude and made a left down wind turn. When the engine quit I was set up perfectly for my up wind turn and approach.

Are you going to mount the motor on your Corsair? Your going to like it. It takes my 23.5 lb 330 vertical as far as the eye can see.
Old 07-16-2003, 02:28 AM
Big_Bird

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Thank goodness that your engine didn't ingest it.

I have a Brison 5.8 in the Corsair. It really hauls it with a 24x12 prop. My new ZDZ 80 (two gallons of fuel through it so far on the test stand) is going in the Hostetler 33% Super Decathlon that I'm in the painting stages on.

Ken
Old 07-16-2003, 05:46 PM
My Feedback: (9)

for god sake dont take the engine apart to look and check, as I did because mike will send it back to you and void your warrenty for you
Old 07-16-2003, 06:03 PM
Mike Dooley/RCS

Not entirely true. Yes, If the engine has been dissasembled and a repair attempted by the customer, we simply cannot honor the warranty if a problem occurs.
Mike Dooley
RC Showcase
Old 07-16-2003, 10:39 PM
kevin mcgrath

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I dont think there is an engine manufacturer in the business who is going to honor a warranty where disassembly and repair has been attempted,and the results then sent in to the seller.
If I was in any doubt Id contact the seller before attempting anything ,and as a matter of fact thats exactly what I did with RCS a couple of weeks ago,and the results were entirely to my satisfaction.
There may very well be other distributors who stand behind their engines,but I have never personally found one as good as RCS.
Old 07-16-2003, 10:44 PM
rthorne

I agree Kevin:

I sent my email to RCS with a few options, one of which was to drill and retapp the choke shaft. They opted to send me new parts which I prefered. But I would not do anything to the engine without prior approval.

Anyways this thread is getting off subject.

For any future buyers of ZDZ or RCS engines don't hesitate. There is excellent support if needed.
Old 07-19-2003, 03:53 PM

the engine was disassembled because of a hard dead stick landing which resulted in the engine getting rocks and dirt in it so to continue running the engine i took it apart to clean it I didn't know that was against warranty
Old 07-20-2003, 10:29 AM
kevin mcgrath

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Considering the engine is a rear intake it must have been more like a crash than a dead stick landing
Old 07-20-2003, 02:53 PM

with the piston down the cylinder is open the dirt interred through the exhaust