RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   ZDZ & RCS Support (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/zdz-rcs-support-204/)
-   -   Problem starting 50NG (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/zdz-rcs-support-204/4461413-problem-starting-50ng.html)

juanes1969 07-04-2006 09:05 AM

Problem starting 50NG

Mike:
I´m having trouble starting my engine, it has never been easy to start from the beginning, but it´s getting worse day to day.
I have checked the carburator, cleaned it. It only had a small amount of dirt in the screen inside it, so I got a filtered intake for it hoping it would help, and the problem is still there. The spark plug was changed for a brand new one, the ignition does send a pulse to it.
My starting procedure has changed but here are the two procedures I have tried:
1.- choke on, full throttle, ignition on... flip until it fires and dies again.
then choke off, throttle at idle, ignition on...until it runs

the second procedure is the one that is stated in the instruction manual

2.- choke on, full throttle, ignition on... until gas gets to carb
then choke on, full throttle, ignition off... flip 4 to 5 times
then choke off, full throttle, ignition off....flip 4 to 5 times
then choke off, high idle, ignition on... flip until it starts

I both cases the engine starts for 2 or 3 seconds and then dies. I have to keep fliping and fliping the prop, choking it, un-choking it, and the engine starts and dies. eventually, the engine will start and run normally, but it takes somewhere between 40 and 55 flips to start it.

The tank has been re-lined 3 times, and has been tested for leaks. and everything is good there. the battery is a 6 volt, 2700 mAh Expert brand, and it barely loses mAh or volts. After 5 fights the batt, is till at 6.5 volts and when recharged it gets to max capacity with only about 450 mAh. so there is still a lot of capacity in it after flying.

Is there anything else I should check? Any comments are appreciated.
John

Mike Dooley/RCS 07-05-2006 10:42 AM

RE: Problem starting 50NG

John,
Get the engine for us to have a look at immediately.
Thanks,

HNPower 07-05-2006 11:12 AM

Did you get a fresh tank of gasoline. I had exact same problem with my DA50 until I got a fresh tank of gasoline. These high compression engine doesn't like old gas (3wks or more). Tried this before you sent it in. Hope this helps.

ramcfarland 10-06-2006 08:00 PM

1 Attachment(s)
John a big problem is fuel delivery (not the carbs fault) rather the gas fuel line is LARGER in diameter than the 1/8 tubing that comes with most GAS tanks ,so it is prone to lair leaks. Dubro makes fuel barbs which you 'Silver solder' flush with the end of the metal fuel tubing, do this on your metal fuel tubes both gas and vent tube then slide the Tygon tubing in place and I bet your engine will draw fuel SECOND the starting procedure: 1)open the throttle to full open ensuring that it is when the throttle stick on your TX is fully advanced 2) apply full choke again confirm the choke is fully closed--3) smartly flip the engine over 8 or so times 4) retard the throttle to idle 5)OPEN choke 6) TURN ON ignition 7) wearing a good glove smartly,vigorously as hard as you can flip it over that should start the engine.

If all else fails turn ON ignition,open throttle fully,apply full choke flip it over 1-3 times and it should fire--then TURN OFF the choke AND close the throttle and flip it over virgorously. It should start[8D]

Lastly REMEMBER the ignition is in operative after 2 minutes if the engine has not started ( an excellent safety feature) so remember you MUST allways cycle the switch: as in turn it off and on again.

You have a quality built STRONG running engine so If no luck its off to Mike and Dan..at RCS [sm=thumbup.gif]

ramcfarland 10-08-2006 01:33 PM

ORIGINAL: juanes1969
I re-read and it seems you are using a (6)volt battery all that I sold and shipped for RCS were only 4.8 volts minimum capacity 600 MA nicd and I state nicad because I was informed the dis charge characteristics are better used in conjuction with the supplied Falkon auto advance electronic ignition.
Mike:
I´m having trouble starting my engine, it has never been easy to start from the beginning, but it´s getting worse day to day.
I have checked the carburator, cleaned it. It only had a small amount of dirt in the screen inside it, so I got a filtered intake for it hoping it would help, and the problem is still there. The spark plug was changed for a brand new one, the ignition does send a pulse to it.
My starting procedure has changed but here are the two procedures I have tried:
1.- choke on, full throttle, ignition on... flip until it fires and dies again.
then choke off, throttle at idle, ignition on...until it runs

the second procedure is the one that is stated in the instruction manual

2.- choke on, full throttle, ignition on... until gas gets to carb
then choke on, full throttle, ignition off... flip 4 to 5 times
then choke off, full throttle, ignition off....flip 4 to 5 times
then choke off, high idle, ignition on... flip until it starts

I both cases the engine starts for 2 or 3 seconds and then dies. I have to keep fliping and fliping the prop, choking it, un-choking it, and the engine starts and dies. eventually, the engine will start and run normally, but it takes somewhere between 40 and 55 flips to start it.

The tank has been re-lined 3 times, and has been tested for leaks. and everything is good there. the battery is a 6 volt, 2700 mAh Expert brand, and it barely loses mAh or volts. After 5 fights the batt, is till at 6.5 volts and when recharged it gets to max capacity with only about 450 mAh. so there is still a lot of capacity in it after flying.

Is there anything else I should check? Any comments are appreciated.
John

John ask RCS if its a good idea to use a 6Volt for ignition---------

the battery is a 6 volt, 2700 mAh