|Onboard Glow Plug Driver |
|Manufacturer:||Crain Engineering |
|Product:||Glow Plug Driver|
|Avoid Flameouts:||Low speed idle without flameout|
|Constant Power :||Auto adjusts for battery voltage|
|Fault indication:||LED indicates Open, Short, low voltage|
|Phone Orders:||Internet sales only|| ||
|What is a Glow Plug Driver?|
A Glow Plug Driver is essentially an electronic servo that allows you to turn your glow plug on and off from an on board battery. The Glow Driver plugs into your receiver either from a Y-Connector split off of your throttle channel or you can use an unused channel on your receiver. By programming mixes and switches on your transmitter you can make your glow plug a smart feature of your model.
The glow plug is driven from a separate battery from your receiver. Two versions are available: One for LiPo, Nicad, NiMH batteries and the other exclusively for LiFe batteries.
Why use a Glow Driver?
- Avoid “Flame outs” at slow idle speeds.
- It's Smart. The glow driver can be set to turn on only at low throttle settings. Then it turns off at high throttle when its not needed. The on/off set point is set by you.
- A Glow Driver is especially useful in situations where access to the glow plug is obstructed by cowlings or the engine is mounted with the cylinder in the sideways or down positions.
- A glow driver eliminates the need to connect an external glow battery or glow power supply.
- A glow driver can give smoother operation at slow idle speeds.
- It will allow you to maintain a very low idle speed since the glow plug will be on at the idle speed.
Remember to mention that you saw it on RCUniverse.com!
|Do you have a new product to introduce? Contact us to see about getting your new product in RCUniverse's New Product section!|